Joint problem is a familiar problem in aging dogs. Just like us, the wear and tear of a lifetime of use can injure and can cause tension in the joints. This can develop into arthritis. Big dogs are more prone to developing arthritis because of greater weight that places more stress on the joints, but any dog can be at risk.
Typical signs are unwillingness to climb stairs, trouble getting up after sleeping, and hesitant to exercise.
1. Adequate exercise:
Dogs need exercise, but the right form of exercise for dogs and the right amount can ensure proper bone growth.
* Swimming: Not always a feasible option for all Pet parents, but water-based activities can greatly lighten the impact on a dog’s joints while still working those major parts of the body.
* Walks: Taking walks with your dogs to cater to their specific needs is a major component to their joint health in life. This is especially true if walks are their main ways of exercise.
* Play with other dog: Sometimes the best option for a dog is some lively, realistic run around time with other dogs. This way, your dog can exhaust some energy in a natural, self-regulated manner and rest when they need it.
* Stay low to the ground: Avoid throwing balls and Frisbee that will oblige your dog to jump, which may provoke stiff joints.
Any exercise for dogs should take body type into consideration. Also, daily regular exercise is better for dogs than the weekend warrior approach.
Diet is as much a precautionary measure for your dog’s health as it is a treatment. If your dog is overweight, make the life-changing decision to modify your pet’s diet for their overall betterment. Dogs who have reduced mobility will find it even more laborious if they are bearing some unwanted pounds. Choosing the correct diet or adding joint-supporting dietary supplements like Orthoron from Pet Natural Remedies can slow down the advancement of arthritis or even prevent joint problems in your dogs. Orthoron is a natural and a safe joint supplement specially formulated for furries with joint problems. It is a single ingredient supplement in a palatable paste form that offers the benefits of turmacin for your pet’s overall joint health.
3. Home environment accommodations:
Adult dogs can injure themselves by jumping on and off the sofa, for instance. Make it elementary for your dogs to do what they love without risking injury. Here are some life hacks to make your home environment more snuggly for your pet:
* Bedding: Reform your dog with soft bedding that’s low to the ground. Consider a memory foam dog bed which are remarkably durable and easy on joints.
* Flooring: Hard wood or slippery floors should be avoided by dogs with joint or mobility issues. Using rugs or traction strips along the routes your dog takes through the house may help.
* Steps or ramps: Steps or ramps can make it convenient for your dog to get in and out of the car, in case of often car trips. If you and your dog sleep together, steps next to the bed should be considered.
4. Touch and massage:
Touch is something we give our dogs often because we gain equal benefit from these deepest interactions. Affection becomes more crucial for dogs as they get older and experience behavioral changes, develop new irritabilities, and lose the ability to relish the activities they once loved. With time, don’t forget to pet your elderly friend, make eye contact, talk to them, and spend quality leisurely time with them.
As dog parents, we aren’t quite familiar with the concept of dog massage. For persistent relief and extra intimate time with your dog, consider learning how to massage them yourself. Massage may help enhance flexibility, circulation and overall well being.